Dual SD Recorder & USB Expansion Card is here!
Behringer just released the Behringer X-Live expansion card and I am really excited to release my first look at this really amazing piece of gear! This is a direct replacement for the X-USB or X-UF expansion cards that ship with the Behringer X32 and is simple to install.
The Behringer X-Live card has dual SD/SDHC card slots and supports up to 32GB in size class 10 cards. Additionally, there is a CR123A battery slot to provide the X-Live the ability to finish saving the audio file in the case of power loss.
The real beauty of this card is that you can use both the SD card slot AND the USB jack of this card at the same time!
Behringer X-Live – Fully Independent Recording and Playback
Okay, I am excited about this – fully independent recording and playback with the USB portion and the SD card portion. You can record 32 tracks of audio onto the SD card portion of the X-Live AND record 32 tracks of audio using the USB connection with your computer and DAW of your choice!
Another great option is using the SD card for recording and being able to use the USB for off-board effects processing with something like Waves MultiRack Native.
Behringer X-Live Specs:
- 32-channel live recording and playback on dual SD/SDHC cards
- Up to 3 hours of 48 kHz/32-bit PCM recording of 32 channels in one session, stored as uncompressed WAV files
- 32-channel, bi-directional USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface for studio and live recording
- Independent operation of SD cards and USB recording/playback
- Remote control via PC, Android or iPad apps, assignable controls or compatible hardware control surfaces, such as the BEHRINGER X-TOUCH
- Dual SD card slots to keep virtual sound check and live performance files separately available or for extended recording time
- Unique sample-synchronized automatic spanning feature allows extending a session across both SD cards for more than 12 hours of 8-track recording time non-stop
- Instantaneous live playback with preload and markers in the console UI and remote apps
Markers can be set on the fly for identifying song positions while recording or playing back
- All markers can be edited directly in the console GUI
- Allows employing PC “Plug-Ins” for outboard effects processing via USB
- Channel routing can be stored and automated for record/playback
- Secure file handling in the event of power blackout (optional CR123A Lithium cell required)
- HUI/Mackie Control emulation for controlling of any compatible DAW software from the console surface
- Compatible with CoreAudio on Mac OSX
Fully Internal Solution for Virtual Sound Checks
My favorite part about the Behringer X-Live is the fact you can easily install a Virtual Sound Check DAW without any additional external gear! For the churches or venues that don’t have the space for outboard computers with DAW software, this is going to be incredible!
The Behringer X-Live Videos!
Keep an eye out for more videos and tips for using this card!